CUET Syllabus and Preparation
If you are planning for CUET, You must know the CUET Syllabus first or else it’s pointless to even sit for the CUET examination.
There are 1.68 lakh seats offered in 54 universities making the CUET Exam one of the most competitive one. To clear the exam you have to structure your steps and understanding the syllabus is the first. Read on to understand the detailed CUET syllabus.
As per the latest notification by NTA, CUET exam has been divided into four sections:
- Section IA – 13 Languages
- Section IB – 19 Languages
- Section II – 27 Domain-specific Subjects
Section III – General Test
CUET Exam Overview | CUET Exam Pattern
|Sections||Subjects/ Tests||No. of Questions||To be Attempted|
|Section IA||13 Languages||50||40 in each language|
|Section IB||19 Languages|
|Section II||27 Domain-specific Subjects||50||40|
|Section III||General Test||60||50|
CUET Syllabus for Language Test
The students’ fluency in the language is to be tested through questions asked in Reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary and Narrative [Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary]. The languages included in Section 1A and 1B respectively are as mentioned below:
- Section 1 A: English; Hindi; Gujarati; Bengali; Assamese, Kannada; Tamil; Telugu; Malayalam; Marathi; Odia & Urdu.
- Section 1 B: Chinese, German, French, Arabic, Italian, Japanese, Nepali,
- Russian, Spanish, Tibetan, Dogri, Bodo, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali and Sindhi
CUET Syllabus for Domain Subject
As per the NCERT model, the CUET syllabus for the domain-specific paper is the same as for Class XII. It means that your NCERT books will be the best source of preparation for the domain-specific paper. One can choose from the following subjects for the domain-specific paper. The candidates may choose a maximum of 6 Subjects from the below-mentioned list.
- Accountancy/ Book Keeping
- Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry
- Business Studies
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Economics/ Business Economics
- Engineering Graphics
- Home Science
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Legal Studies
- Environmental Science
- Physical Education/ NCC /Yoga
- Political Science
These are again classified as Domain Subjects and Additional Subjects as below:
Domain Subjects: Accounts, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Economics, Geography, History, Home Science, Legal Studies, Maths, Physics, Political Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology and Sanskrit.
Additional Subjects: Physical Education, Engineering graphics, fine arts, knowledge tradition-practice in India, commercial arts, performing arts, entrepreneurship, teaching aptitude, mass media and agriculture
CUET Syllabus for General Test
The General Aptitude Test (GA) is the section III of CUET paper and will comprise of the following sections:
- General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- General Mental Ability
- Numerical Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
Ready to Crack CUET EXAM?
To prepare for the CUET entrance exam Prep Guruu is your best bet. We are offering various online interactive classes, mock tests and practice sheets prepared by experienced professionals of central university. To book your seat to a demo class please click here!