In order to strengthen the relationship between education and skill development and to help Sikkim’s youth become educated, skilled, and employable so they can take advantage of a variety of opportunities both inside and outside of their home state, Sikkim University was established in 2006 by an Act of Parliament. Sikkim University received a “B” grade from the NAAC and was ranked 61 in the NIRF 2021.
Sikkim University, located in Gangtok, was founded with the goal of offering top-notch higher education. Candidates may be admitted to the university at the undergraduate, graduate, master’s, and doctoral levels in the fields of science, humanities & social sciences, accounting & commerce, mass communication & media, law, business & management studies, and hospitality & travel.
UG Admissions Procedures at Sikkim University.
NTA will administer the CUET Exam (National Testing Agency). It is an independent organisation that oversees the administration of various entrance exams for higher education at various universities. Students must complete the CUET application for the year 2022 in order to be admitted to Sikkim University.
Procedures for Admission to CUET 2022
Like many other entrance exams, the CUET Exam first requires your registration. Therefore, you must register on the CUET’s official website.
- You will be required to fill out information during the registration process, such as your name, address, and educational background.
- You must upload a few documents as part of the registration process for verification. You must upload them as a result.
- Finally, you must pay the application fee to finish the procedure. Make sure to save the registration information and a copy of the registration for future use.
|Degree||Programme/ Course offered||Domain/ General/ Optional Languages mapped to the Programmes||Eligibility for the programme||Remarks|
|BA.BEd||Four-Year Integrated BA.BEd||Section I A (Language Test) – English Compulsory Section II – (Domain) – (i) Teaching Aptitude + History + Geography+Political Science + Economics (For Arts/Science / Commerce Stream) Section III – (General Test) – Compulsory||10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from any recognized Board/ University with at least 50% marks for General / OBC/EWS and 45% marks for SC / ST/PWD candidate.||Appearing in the specified papers is mandatory as marks of Section IA, II and III will be taken into consideration for preparation of Merit List.|
|BSc.BEd||Four-Year Integrated BSc.BEd||Section I A (Language Test) – English Compulsory Section II – (Domain) – (i) Teaching Aptitude + Physics + Chemistry + Biology/Mathematics (For Science Stream) Section III – (General Test) – Compulsory||10+2 or equivalent examination in Science stream from any recognized Board/ University with at least 50% marks for General /OBC/EWS and 45% marks for SC / ST / PWD candidate.||Appearing in the specified papers is mandatory as marks of Section IA, II and III will be taken into consideration for preparation of Merit List.|
|BA.LLB (Hons.)||Five-Year Integrated BA.LLB (Hons.)||Section I A (Language Test) – English Compulsory Section II – (Domain) – (i) Legal Studies + Accountancy + Business Studies + Economics (For Commerce Stream) (ii) Legal Studies + History + Political Science + Economics (For Arts Stream) (iii) Legal Studies + Physics + Chemistry + Biology/Mathematics (For Science Stream) Section III – (General Test) – Compulsory||10+2 or equivalent examination in any stream from any recognized Board/ University with at least 45% marks for General /OBC/EWS and 40% marks for SC / ST / PWD candidate.
|Appearing in the specified papers is mandatory as marks of Section IA, II and III will be taken into consideration for preparation of Merit List.
Sikkim University UG Programs Reservation:
Sikkim University offers reservations in admissions according to central government rules.
- Schedule Caste (SC): 7% of the total seats are reserved for students who belong to SC category.
- Schedule Tribe (ST): 13% of the total seats are reserved for students belonging to ST Category.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): 20% of the total intake is reserved for students from Other Backward Classes (OBC), excluding those from creamy layer. Also, Central List of Caste to be followed.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): The University has reserved 10% seats for the EWS category, in accordance with the directive of the Ministry of Education.
- Persons with Disability (PWD): 5% of the seats are reserved for students from PWD category.
Conclusion: If you are not properly prepared, the CUET exam is challenging. It is crucial to have a solid plan in place for getting accepted to CUET to prepare for the exam. As a result, we have offered the best way to handle the preparation leading up to the CUET exam in this article. Observe the procedures and continue throughout the days of preparation.
PrepGuruu is a well-known online resource for CUET Exam Preparation at home. To aid candidates in their CUET Exam preparation, the online platform includes a wealth of pertinent study materials, daily quizzes, mock tests, and previous years’ papers. Assess your level of exam preparation by downloading PrepGuruu.