CUET Registration Form & Eligibility
CUET Application Form, Admit Card and Eligibility Details:
The CUET Admit Card is expected to be available two weeks before the exam. The CUET application form is already available on the CUET website. Students have until May 6 to wrap up the application form. The Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is a centralised examination for admission to undergraduate courses at Central Universities throughout the country. It will ensure admission to prestigious central/state universities such as Delhi University, BHU, and JNU, among others. CUET will be an online Computer-Based-Test administered by the NTA (CBT).
Admit Card for CUET
The CUET Admit Card will be available two weeks before the exam date on the NTA’s official website. You will be notified via SMS and email when the CUET Admit Card is ready for download. The CUET admit card or hall ticket contains important information such as the CUET Exam Date and Time, exam venue, exam centre, and various other exam credentials. Candidates will not be permitted to enter the examination hall or take the exam unless they have a valid CUET admit card.
CUET Registration Form Step-by-Step Process
Steps to fill CUET Application form:
Step 1: Click on the “Register” button for the fresh registration for the CUET (UG) exam. CUET (UG) portal: https://cuet.samarth.ac.in
Step 2: Download and read the Information Bulletin carefully before applying for the CUET (UG) exam.
Step 3: Fill out the registration form which includes Personal Details and Present Address. Thereafter, choose the password and enter the security pin and click on Submit.
Step 4: Validate the details in the preview application section and then click on “Submit and Send OTP on mobile”. If required, you can edit your credentials at this stage.
Step 5: Complete the verification process by entering the OTP received on your registered mobile number/email ID.
After this, your registration process is complete. You can login to your account by entering the same User ID and Password to complete your CUET application. Now, let’s understand how to fill the CUET Application form.
How to fill CUET Application Form?
To fill an application form for CUET, you have to login into the official email id of CUET Portal. First, you’ll have to complete the registration process as mentioned above, after that you can fill in your application form for CUET. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to fill out the CUET application form:
Step 1: Go to the official website of NTA
The CUET Application form will be made available on the NTA website. Go to the official website of NTA and download the notification and guidelines to fill CUET Application Form. Read it carefully. Next, log in using your credentials mentioned above and start filling the application form.
Step 2: Fill out the CUET Application Form
The CUET application form will largely require the following details- Personal Details, Qualifying Exam Details, Educational Details, Correspondence Address, Course and University Preference List, Exam Centre, Photograph and Signature and Declaration.
Fill in all the details with utmost diligence. Make sure you doubly check the spelling of the name.
Step 3: Fill out Course and University Preference
The course and university preference form in the CUET Application Form, must be filled with due diligence.
You will first need to select the universities of your choice. And thereafter courses in the universities. There will be a cap on the maximum number of universities and courses that you can choose in one application. It will be notified in the official CUET notification.
Step 4: Fill out Choice of Language & Domain-Specific Subjects and Exam Center
At this stage, you will also be required to mention the language that you want to opt for and the domain-specific subject that you wish to opt for. Choose them wisely.
Next, you will also have to select the preference of your exam center. You can add upto 4 preferences.
Step 5: Upload Your Photograph, Signature & Class Xth Marksheet
You will also need to upload the scanned class Xth marksheet, photograph, signature and other supporting documents (in case of category students) in the CUET Application Form.
Keep the scanned photo and signature ready as per the prescribed specifications (Photograph Size: 10KB – 100KB, Signature Size: 5KB – 20KB).
Once uploaded, preview the entire application form, confirm your credentials (email ID and password) and move to the next step.
Step 6: Pay the fees of the CUET Application Form
Once you’ve filled the entire CUET Application Form, you’ll be required to pay the application fee.
You can either choose to pay online via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI or you can download the challan to pay the fee online. Choose your preferred payment option and complete the payment.
Application forms without the payment of fees will not be accepted. Hence, make sure to pay the application fee in due time.
Once the application fee is paid, print the confirmation page and keep it with you for further reference.
Ready to Crack CUET, Follow these steps!
The selection process for CUET begins once the exam is notified. To understand the same, please refer to the following:
- Once the Application form is released start applying online.
- Download your CUET admit card as soon as it is released and if any discrepancy is found, inform the authorities immediately.
- Appear for the exam on the CUET Exam Date as notified in the admit card.
- Validate your answers once the official key is released by NTA after the exam has been conducted.
- Use the grievance redressal mechanism, for any issues you may have found in the answer key.
- Once the result is announced, get ready for the centralised counselling for admissions to the Central Universities.
CUET Eligibility Details.
The official announcement for CUET is now viewable on the CUET website. According to the most recent CUET notification, there is no age limit for candidates to appear in the CUET (UG). Candidates who have passed the class 12th/equivalent examination or are appearing, regardless of their age, are eligible to take the CUET (UG) examination.
Candidates must, however, meet the age requirements (if any) of the university (ies) to which they wish to apply.
Points to be Considered:
- Each Central University that participates is free to set its own criteria for CUET Eligibility for admissions.
- The Central University to which admission is sought will determine the weightage for CUET and Class XII Board exam results.
- CUET Eligibility does not specify an age limit as of yet. Central Universities, on the other hand, have the authority to set minimum and maximum age limits for admission to all (or any) of the programmes on offer.
- For admission to universities through CUET (UG), the existing policies of the respective university regarding quota, category, relaxation, reservations, qualification, subject combinations, preferences, and so on will apply.
- Candidates are advised to visit the University website to which they are applying for their respective programmes because the eligibility criteria for admission may differ from one university to the next.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements of the university to which they are applying.
- A candidate’s mere participation in the Entrance Test or achieving pass marks in the test does not entitle him/her to be considered for admission to the Programme unless he/she meets the Program-specific eligibility requirements of the University to which they are applying.
CUET RESERVATION CRITERIA
Generally, the following Breakup is followed by the universities
General Economically Weaker Sections (GEN-EWS)- 10%
Scheduled Castes (SC)- 15%
Scheduled Tribes (ST)- 7.5%
Other Backward Classes (Non creamy layer)- 27%
Persons with Disability- 5% in each category
Ready to Crack CUET EXAM?
To prepare for the CUET entrance exam Prepguru is your best bet. We are offering various online interactive classes, mock tests and practice sheets prepared by experienced professionals of central university. To book your seat to a demo class please click here!